The 2020 Beach Season will look very different from past years.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has issued COVID – 19 Safety Standards and Guidelines for Beaches. We ask for your patience while we abide by the new COVID – 19 Safety guidelines in addition to the standard beach rules for the summer.
As Rules and Regulations have changed - we strongly recommend reading the 2020 City Beach Rules & Regulations attached under "Additional Forms & Files" below.
** NO REGISTRATION FOR BEACH TAGS AVAILABLE ON-SITE **
** ON-LINE REGISTRATION ONLY **
Beach Access is for FRAMINGHAM RESIDENTS ONLY - Non-Residents will not be permitted to enter the beach.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Lifeguards will be on duty daily from July 1, 2020 - August 9, 2020 from 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Please remove your vehicle from the parking lot by 5:00pm
BEACH CAPACITY: Due to COVID-19 Safety Standards, social distancing must be maintained. Each beach will have a maximum of 30 visiting areas. These areas are available on a first-come first-served basis and may be located on the sand or grass area surrounding the beach. Areas may NOT be reserved ahead of time. Areas can accommodate up to 10 people from the same family unit. Areas may NOT be combined to form larger groups. Please stay in your designated area when not enjoying the water.
For more information on Visiting Areas, Social Distancing, and Masks/Face Covering requirements, please refer to the "2020 City Beach Rules & Regulations" (attached below)
BEACH TAGS: Beach Tags are available to residents at no charge for the Summer of 2020.
- 1 Beach Tag required per family unit (maximum 10 people from same family unit)
- ONLY 1 TAG WILL BE ISSUED PER RESIDENT ADDRESS
- Beach Tag & Resident ID must be presented each visit
- We ask that your entire party arrive at the same time
- All youth under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult over 21 years.
Beach Tags may be picked up, in-person, from the Bowditch Field Ticket Booth on the following days & times:
(PLEASE NOTE - BEACHES WILL NOT BE OPEN UNTIL JULY 1)
- Monday, June 29 from 9:00am - 11:00am or 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, June 30 from 9:00am - 11:00am or 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Wednesday, July 1 from 9:00am - 11:00am or 4:00pm - 6:00pm
After July 1, you may pick up your beach tag between 10:00am & 5:00pm at the beach of your choice.
- Please allow 48 hours between registering for your beach tag and the tag being available for pick up
- Receipts will be honored for 3 days and must be presented with your ID when visiting