Loring Arena- 165 Fountain Street
Beginning January 5- February 9, 2019
9:00 – 9:50am (Session 1) OR 10 – 10:50am (Session 2)
$48 per child / $53 per non-resident
Skaters will choose either 9:00am OR 10:00am class at registration.
Each 50 minute class is structured to include a 10-minute warm-up, 30 minutes of instruction, and 10 minutes to practice. A class listing will be posted at the rink, please check for your child's assignment.
OBJECTIVES: 1. To teach proper, basic skating skills in a fun atmosphere.
2. Provide personal pleasure, satisfaction and fun in skating.
3. Provide informal instruction for the recreational skater.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Skates that fit properly no double runners (rentals are available for an additional fee at Loring Arena)
- All skaters must wear approved helmets - Please see link below for helmet guidelines. ** Bicycle helmets are not appropriate and WILL NOT be allowed.** (Loring Arena does NOT rent helmets).
- Name tags will be available near the class assignment listing at the rink, please put your child’s first name on it and wear it weekly.
- Please dress in layers and wear mittens or gloves.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED: There will be a class list posted at the rink, please check for your child’s name and direct them to the appropriate instructor holding up the letter when the whistle blows after the 10 minute warm-up. The letter of the class assigned does not necessarily correlate to the child’s level. No one will be allowed on the ice without skates. If your child is in need of assistance, please wait at the ice surface entrance for an instructor.
Weather cancellations will be announced by calling 508-532-5962.