Loring Arena - 165 Fountain Street
9:00 – 9:50am (Session 1) OR 10 – 10:50am (Session 2)
$55 per child / $60 per non-resident
Skaters will choose either 9:00am OR 10:00am class at registration.
Each 50 minute class is structured to include a 10-minute warm-up, 30 minutes of instruction, and 10 minutes to practice. A class listing will be posted on a tripod at the front of the rink, please check for your child's assignment.
OBJECTIVES: 1. To teach proper, basic skating skills in a fun atmosphere.
2. Provide personal pleasure, satisfaction and fun in skating.
3. Provide informal instruction for the recreational skater.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Skates that fit properly no double runners (rentals are available for an additional fee at Loring Arena)
- All skaters must wear approved helmets ** Bicycle helmets WILL NOT be allowed. ** For more information, please click link under "Additional Forms and Files" below. (Loring Arena does NOT rent helmets).
- Name tags will be available near the class assignment listing at the rink, please put your child’s first name on it and wear it weekly.
- Please dress in layers and wear mittens or gloves.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED:
- There will be a class list posted on the tripod at the front of the rink, please check for your child’s name and direct them to the appropriate instructor holding up the letter when the whistle blows after the 10 minute warm-up.
- The letter of the class assigned does not necessarily correlate to the child’s level.
- No one will be allowed on the ice without skates. If your child is in need of assistance, please wait at the ice surface entrance for an instructor.
Weather cancellations will be announced by calling 508-532-5962.
** Volunteers make this program work! Please let us know prior to registration if you would like to volunteer. Necessary release forms and approval are needed for all volunteers before going on the ice.