Sponsored by the Greater Framingham Running Club
Registration opens at 5:30 P.M. and events will begin at 6:00 P.M.
Meets may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Call the Parks and Recreation Department after 4:00 P.M. at 508-532-5962 or check www.framinghamrec.com or our Facebook page
Registration Fee is $1.00 per week. A season pass may be purchased for $8.00 the first or second week.
**Register each week on-site
(please print registration form [from the link
below] to make the on site registration process faster)
Order of events & Age Limits:
1. 50 Meter -All ages
2. 100 Meter - All ages
3. 1-Mile - 8:00 minutes or less
4. 200 Meter - All ages
5. 800 Meter- All ages
6. 400 Meter- All ages
7. Relay 4 x100 ( time permitting ) - All ages
From 6:15- 7:00: Softball Throw and Standing Broad Jump- Ages 4-13
(Age Groupings are 4 & 5, 6 & 7, 10 & 11 and 12 & 13)
Ribbons are awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers in each event. Ribbons are only awarded to the first place team in the relay event. Race officials make every effort to group runners of approximate age and sex in the same heat of a given event. Due to staffing and time constraints, only first place finish times are recorded for each heat.
Basic Rules for Competitors and Spectators
The primary goal is for all athletes to have fun while acquiring or perfecting their running skills.
Winning is not everything.
Good sportsmanship is a must.
- All runners must run “unassisted”. Parents or guardians may accompany a toddler down the track, but the child must “run” on their own.
- For safety reasons and “track etiquette” only runners are allowed on the track and only during the event which they are competing. All spectators and other runners must remain in the stadium stands. No Dogs or bikes are allowed on the track or football field. Your cooperation is needed to keep everyone off the field. Failure to adhere to these restrictions could result in the cancellation of the Summer Track Meets.
- All runners are responsible for listening to the race officials and following instructions for each event.
- The safety of all runners is important. Please do not allow your children to compete in events that are too long or difficult for them. In the event of injury, a first aid kit is available at the registration table.
- All Race Officials are non-paid volunteers. The meets could not take place without their assistance. Judges decisions are final.
Thank you for helping us make this a fun, healthy activity for you and your children.
Greater Framingham Running Club